2/19/11

Rep. Jackie Speier Speaks Up About The War Against Planned Parenthood


This is an attack on a woman's right to control her own body and women's healthcare. I thought we fought this battle against men who thought they could control women's choices a long time ago. One out of three women in the United States have had at least one abortion, 1/3 of all women.

I had an abortion over thirty years ago after I was gang raped. The experience was traumatic, just like the rape, but it was the right thing to do. It was done at the Planned Parenthood Clinic at San Francisco General Hospital. After all this time I remember what everything looked like in the clinic, what was on the TV in the recovery area and the doctor's name.

If these prehistoric monsters pass get this heinous law in the senate it puts many women at risk for back alley abortions. Their staged undercover video incident was a repeat of their same old juvenile tactics.
 

1 comment:

crystalwolfakacaligrl said...

Celia thanks for posting this! Jackie is my Rep :) and I am so glad she ripped into those bastards!
I like how she mention Halliburtan!
She is a brave woman!
I saw her last night on Rachel and she said she just had to speak b/c they were LYING and twisting everything.
I hope the Senate vetos every stupid bill they bring to the table!