11/17/09

RUSHDOONY PROMOTED CHRISTIAN DISHONESTY, I GUESS PALIN STUDIED HIS TEACHINGS

ED Pilkington wrote this for the Guardian:

Anyone seeking clues as to whether Sarah Palin plans to run for US president in 2012 should consider the quotation from her father, Charles Heath, that she uses to introduce the final chapter of her new book, Going Rogue. "She's not retreating," he says. "She's reloading!"


This week America will resound to the deafening roar of automatic rifle fire being discharged by Palin across its airwaves. The first volley was let off today in the form of an hour-long interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Tomorrow morning will open with a round of sniper fire that will rattle on through the week: a multi-part conversation with the doyenne of television interviewers, ABC News's Barbara Walters.


Then, on Thursday the heavy artillery will be rolled on to the battlefields of small-town America when Palin takes her campaign bus – correction: book tour – to such iconic heartland destinations as Grand Rapids, Michigan; Noblesville, Indiana; and Cincinnati, Ohio.

That's a great deal of munitions for someone content to rest on her laurels at home in Wasilla, Alaska (population 9,000)

Wouldn't it be nice if she was drowned out by the sound of gun fire, fingernails being dragged on a blackboard, Yoko Ono's singing, or the sound of several caterwauling cats? I think I will do a lot of reading this week and leave the TV off.

She is getting kind of boring to me, seen one sociopath, seen em' all. The interesting part of the story is how stupid her followers are. She tells one unbelievably obvious lie after another and they can't see even one of them.  From Republican Gomorrah by Max Blumenthal: "There is no requirement for Christians to be truthful "in acts of war", Rushdoony wrote, "spying is legitimate, as are deceptive tactics."'

5 comments:

Archivist said...

Want to know why Palin is dangerous? Really dangerous??

IF you watch NOTHING else on TV tonight, watch the 1st half hour of Rachel Maddow's show and her segment with Frank Schaeffer; it's powerful stuff .... and when the video of this segment is out, please pass it around as much as you can!!

Celia Harrison said...

I watched the videos of Rachel Maddow's show just before I read your comment. I do agree 100% that she is dangerous and so are all the other right wing dominionists in this country. I have been doing quite a bit of research on all of them. I live in Alaska and have been directly affected by her actions and inactions in my personal life. Alaska has a lot of people just like her. I also realize she is the conduit by which the message about this dangerous right wing religious movement is beginning to be told. I just don't have to hear her tell 1001 lies all week to know what she is. I do take this very seriously.

enigma4ever said...

great post..
I think I have been here before..
thanks for following up on her...
I do think we have to watch what she is doing...at all times...
until we are done with her...

keep up the great posts...and good work..thank you for coming by Watergate Summer...and yes I am worried about Healthcare and will keep at it...

Anonymous said...

I congratulate, this brilliant idea is necessary just by the way

Anonymous said...

It is obvious, you were not mistaken