5/29/19

Today the Attorney General Willaim Barr is Going to Alaska to Address the Lack of Justice For Native People. I Wrote About That and the Health Care Issues for Native People In Alaska For Years. The Federal Governent Ignored Me and Put Me in an Organized Harassment Program.

It is unfortunate that the Mueller announcement was made today, drowning out this very important story. Mueller may not have even known about Barr's trip to Alaska or how important it is to so many people. Barr's trip to Alaska was not widely publicized. The injustice and abuse in Alaska is not just confined to the Native Peoples, but they have had the worst of it. In this case it is not just injustice, but decades of those responsible for the safety of the people of the state who chose to ignore, remain silent and take no action to do anything about widespread violence done to women in Alaska, especially the Native women.

Attorney General William Barr is in Alaska as he promised Senator Murkowski he would do. He will attend meetings in several places including the Alaska Native Justice round table in Anchorage, then go on to some other unspecified areas according the the ADN.

Why is the Department of Justice (DOJ) finally addressing this issue. We know the legislators and the Department of Law (DOL) the DOJ, the news media could have made this issue huge a long time ago. Why now? I left messages all over the place trying to get some insight into that and got mostly no returned calls. That lack of returned calls is part of the harassment program. I did speak to Senator Murkowski's staff who could not answer my question. I assume a huge amount of the reason A.G. Barr is coming to Alaska today to research the problem of lack of justice and law enforcement for NativesA is due to Senator Murkowski. The Native people of Alaska are a huge part of her base.

Alaska Natives rather than being put on reservations were made into corporations. It took them a while to sort through how to run them. At this point in time they have gotten quite good at it. The Native Corporations are used as a platform for organizing for the Native people as a whole to implement changes.

I do not trust the DOJ for a very long list of reasons considering I am in a harassment program, but am happy that the A.G. is looking into the problems.

Writing about what went on in Nome not just with the Native people there but also the ones in the more remote villages in the region served by the hospital in Nome I worked at, Norton Sound Regional Hosptial was very painful for me. I did that to cause changes and to tell my own story of injustice stemming from ending up in the court system in Nome designed to railroad the Native people into the prison system.

I worked at Norton Sound Regional Hospital (NSRH) which was owned by a Native Corporation but mostly run by white people. The one time I know of a Native CEO was hired I told him he would be fired shortly. He said that could not happen due to his contract. I was like, wait, it will happen. A month later he was fired. This kind of thing actually happened with nearly every CEO due to them figuring out what those two doctors who controlled everything at the hospital were up to, that the nursing department lacked any kind of leadership or education and perhaps that the health aid program was insane.

Anyone who arrived at NSRH who had a clue and spoke up was workplace bullied. Most nurses only lasted a few months and ran screaming to the airport. A respiratory therapist threw a bunch of stuff out the windows of her apt just before she ran to the airport. A husband and wife team, one hired to direct the EMS and one an RN left within a month horrified about the conditions. The RN told me the reason they never allowed me to go on medivacs was they did not want me to see what they did and I was too ethical. The bullying there went on for decades and finally after my melt down there that resulted in legal charges that have haunted me for 13 years they finally fired both of those doctors at the top of the the three tier system of workplace bullying.

The problems with law enforcement and the hospital were not just in the area of the women who were raped, it included the large number of intoxicants for the population. The police just brought them to the ER where they sometimes assaulted nurses. They disrupted whatever was going on and often had to be placed out in the hallway due to the ER only having two carts. It was very unsafe due to my being assigned the ER, the intoxicants in the hallway and patients in the clinic on some days. If I was not on they assigned two nurses. TThen on top of all this I might receive a woman who had been raped, then the SART (Sexual Assault ResponseTeam) person on call never showed up when paged.

I went mano a mano over them refusing to arrest the perpetrators of the rapes with the Nome Police Department whose corruption, incompetence and abuse  was later revealed very well by mostly the Native Women who forced the city of Nome to essentially fire the police department and hire new more competent leadership for it. The burden in the ER was quite heavy.

I have read in the ADN and Nome Nugget that the Nome Police used the excuse that the Native women were drunk. That is an old, old excuse used by cops over the decades, that if the woman was drinking, then was raped it wasn't really a rape. That actually happened to me in the 1970s in San Francisco at the home of one of the sons of the man who owned the Chinese Wax Museum. The SF Police just laughed when I tried to report it. It was New Years Eve, yes I had been drinking, was throwing up and someone offered me a pill that they said would help the vomiting. I was young and naive, even if it had been a nausea pill I should have kept on puking, but it turned out the be Quaalude. I was gang raped by about 8 men. I had to pay lots of consequences, but the perpetrators got off with none. That is what that kind of thinking, that a drunk woman can't be raped does to women. Those men who raped me were not drunk. I had been out with a friend and we ended up at that house.

I am very happy attention is being brought on this problem and the Native Women in Alaska have caused changes, but I am very angry about all the trauma so many had to suffer, especially the girls and boys who were very young and had multiple sexual assaults. Then there was the collateral damage done to those who tried to change things, the trauma caused by shocked helper-observers who could not believe this was going on in the United States. I went to Nome naive, but left traumatized, but educated that my government was not what I thought it was. Since leaving I have learned that lesson a thousand times over. Much research has shown massive corruption on every level.

Why in hell did this take so long, where was the outrage? Where were those politicals constantly trying to legislate the morals of others?  Where are their morals? Why did they know about what went on in rural Alaska but not bother to do anything, ignore those who told them and make sure the lives of the whistleblowers were very hard? Why? They like to discuss the morals of others endlessly just before they do something to cause less affordable housing, poor education, more hunger and more war.

My take on this is it was about oil and minerals. Rape is a weapon of war very commonly used. The war was for control of the land in Alaska for mainly oil exploration. Keep the Native people unable to organize, destroy their culture, don't allow law enforcement to increase the trauma and blame them for the resulting problems, keep them traumatized, make sure there are lots of drugs and alcohol so the traumatized will medicate themselves with it causing even more dysfunction, destruction of families and provide reasons to incarcerate Natives in high numbers. The government knows how to use trauma to control the population, oh yes they do.

Many villages have no law enforcement at all, some have a VPSO which is a combination of services position. Almost all of them do not carry a weapon in villages that have lots of guns and alcohol problems and many of them work completely alone. A few villages may have their own law enforcement. In isolated places finding professionals can be hard and they may have to take someone who is not up to par, someone who may not be very ethical and this goes for health care as well as law enforcement. Then when no one is looking rather than go by laws. proper procedures the players do what they want. If they don't think men should be charged with rape they don't do it and convince the white people as they did in Nome that it was what the Natives wanted. Just because someone has a criminal charge in their past does not mean they are not a good person, or even OK for positions of trust. The Native people know that considering the engineering of massive criminal charges against them, but for example hiring a person with a history of a violent crime to be a police officer would be an unsafe decision.

Disturbing lies from police.


The Nome police told the Native Women they were not arresting the men who raped them because the women were drinking. They told me another story showing they knew what they were doing was wrong. I was told the Native Women did not want the men who raped them arrested and have written about that. I believed it for a long time thinking it was like domestic violence they were afraid that would make things worse, but thought the men should be arrested anyway. Other staff at the hospital were told the same thing and believed it, went along with it. These two different reasons for the NPD's lack of arresting men for rapes makes me wonder just where the orders for this were coming from, Alaska government, the federal government, the oil companies were paying them off? What was the deal?

There are a lot of other questions I have about the government allowing or facilitating the problems in that region. Why was the dangerous hospital which did not follow CDC guidelines, government regs and practiced severe workplace bullying allowed to go on like that for decades destroying careers and lives? Why was the behavioral health department that also had a workplace bullying problem that was huge allowed to be completely dysfunctional with misdiagnoses and idiotic statements from staff. They were in a region filled with people who had been traumatized, but rather than be highly trained in that area instead blew people off who came for counseling or re-truamatized them.

I have lots of questions about what the hell the deal was and don't want to hear the typical crap from Alaska's leadership, we're all just incompetent. Bullshit!

They knew. Absolutely the government of Alaska knew, the individuals and agencies participated in this, the politicians knew, the DOJ knew. Nothing was done about this until just now. Why? I want some answers.

This is just part of the injustice in Alaska, many have been set up for manipulation into committing a crime used to remove them from society due to having an impact on the state and others were arrested on completely false charges. They did that with me after I left Nome, why? What has been continuous is the government harassment program. That was used to run me out of Alaska because I had no idea what was going on. Now I know my country is intentionally trying to harm me and such things don't work, instead I just get video of it for documentation. Many, many government agencies and others were on my blog in 2015 when they ran me out of the state, it does not make any sense unless they were trying to cover up the experiences and observations I was writing about.

Is this what the torture was about or was it something else or a combination of things? I was the one who was right, but the government doesn't care about right, they care about corporations getting their way and covering up their crimes, the politicians care about money for elections, the people like some at that hospital in Nome care about getting themselves into a position where they can con money off the system. The good people are ignored and stomped on.

No comments: