9/11/09

REMEMBERING 9/11 VICTIMS, AMERICAN AND IRAQI

On 9/11/01 I was in Alamagordo New Mexico, perhaps the ugliest town in American, wondering what I had gotten myself into. It was right wing religious nut conservative to the point of Bible passage billboards and a plan to burn Harry Potter books. I was hired as a shift supervisor and still in orientation. That morning busily ironing a uniform and glancing at the news I learned the first tower had been hit. While considering what could have gone wrong to cause a plane to hit that tower  I watched as the second tower was hit by a second plane. Then I said out loud, "That was no accident." I hurried in to work to see if we had been issued any kind of warning about what was going on. "Do you have any information the rest of us don't have?" "Does the hospital have an emergency plan?" These were the types of questions we got all day. We had to try and calm down the community. I kept telling them I did not think anyone would consider Alamagordo a strategic target. It makes about as much sense as thinking a small village in Alaska would be a target, but people were panicky. I can only imagine what it felt like to be in New York that day. People's lives were altered forever that day.

Everyone has a story about that day no matter where they were. What I kept wondering was why everyone always thought we could not have something like this happen because it happens in other countries all the time, why not here? Our past behavior had won us many enemies. Some say it was our own government that did it. I think the Bush administration was fully capable of such a thing, but I have not seen any compelling evidence except for the towers falling like they had been downed by a demolition expert.

On 9/11 I also remember  our country's  response which I am ashamed of even though I was against it. We went after a country that had no ties to the perpetrators. We killed thousands of innocent people and destroyed their homes and all for insane reasons supported by lies. We lost young Americans and many came home significantly altered from when they left. There were no weapons of mass destruction and inspectors from the UN told us so. Our reputation in the world was damaged. George Bush told French President  Jacques Chirac in early 2003 that Iraq must be invaded to stop Gog and Magog from the Bible who were at work in the middle east. Is it any wonder the french hate American's. I always imagined he told people later that our president was a mad man, which was true.

We all know now the main reasons for invading Iraq were money for cronies and theological dominionism. Bush believed he was fulfilling a biblical prophesy. We were fed lies and used for the crazy agenda of dominionists, but we did not fully understand their agenda until long after we invaded Iraq. They have put us in a situation of being hated by thousands thus creating more potential for attacks than before 9/11. Fortunately President Obama is reaching out to the world so that we can hopefully change our image. I included a picture of our own third wave dominion queen at the 9/11 memorial in New York. A man that met her that day said she seemed decent. Yea, she seemed decent, but at this point I knew what she was. I had sent her my letter and found out what kind of person she is.

1 comment:

nswfm CA said...

Frozen, better colors, light background with dark text easiest to read.

Well written post, too.